A new twist on a good classic. Try some 7UP Brisket.
Attention all brisket lovers: You need to try this best brisket recipe. The ingredient list is small, but the flavor is big. Grab your Dutch oven and get cooking. 7UP’s mild citrus flavor combines with salty and savory flavors for a rich marinade. This brisket is perfect for a backyard cookout or dinner party, or make it ahead and reheat it for tacos, sandwiches, and more.
- 3-4 lb. beef brisket
- 1 cup 7UP®
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 package dry onion soup mix
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 2 hours
- Ready In: 2 hours 10 minutes
- Serving Size: 6 people
- Combine 1 cup of 7UP®, ketchup, soup mix, and wine in a large, heavy Dutch oven.
- Add brisket; turn several times to coat well.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer about 2 hours. Baste frequently with 7UP® mixture.
Tips from 7UP
Kick up the flavor a notch by laying your brisket fat side up in the Dutch oven. This allows the juices from the fat to soak back into the meat.