7UP Candied Bacon And Spicy Ketchup
Too many bacon recipes? No such thing. Make 7UP Candied Bacon and put it on, well, pretty much anything, from tots to fries to a burger, or even your breakfast. No judging here.
What’s better than bacon? Candied bacon. 7UP and a dash of sugar take this all-star food to the next level. Pair it with spicy ketchup, and you’re in for something special. Goes great on burgers or all by itself. It’s the perfect treat for a football season spread, barbecue, or breakfast buffet.
- 12 thick strips of bacon
- 6 oz. or 3/4 cup 7UP®
- 3 tbsp. sugar
- 1 tbsp. Sriracha or hot sauce
- 1 tbsp. ketchup
- 1 splash 7UP®
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Ready In: 20 minutes
- Serving Size: 6-10 people
- Cook the bacon. Set aside.
- In a skillet over high heat, combine 7UP® and sugar.
- Simmer over high heat until reduced (approximately 12 minutes).
- Add cooked bacon until warm and coated (approximately 2 minutes).
- Remove bacon, and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Mix one part ketchup and one part Sriracha thoroughly.
- Add a splash of 7UP®.
Tips from 7UP
Turn up the crunch by keeping the candied bacon in the oven a few minutes longer than the suggested cooking time.
Serve over cheese fries or on a burger!