The mild citrus in 7UP® lends itself perfectly to marinades, and this carnitas recipe is no exception. Enjoy wrapped in your favorite tortillas, on chips or a salad, or on its own.
This 7UP carnitas recipe, portioned to serve 20, is sure to elevate your dinner game. A 7UP and spices marinade makes the meat perfectly moist and tender, easy to shred for filling tacos and enchiladas, or just scooping onto a plate. Send out some invites – it’s time for a party.
- 2 cups 7UP®
- 2 cups orange juice
- 2 tbsp. black pepper
- 1/4 cup salt
- 1 tbsp. smoked paprika
- 10 lb. pork shoulder
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 4 hours
- Ready In: 4 hours 20 minutes
- Serving Size: 20 people
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Cut 10 lb. of pork into four smaller pieces of 2-1/2 lb. each.
- Rub spices all over the pork.
- Place pork in pan with 7UP® and orange juice.
- Cover meat and pan with foil; bake for 4 hours.
- Pork shoulder is done when it can be shredded and is fork-tender.
- Depending on the oven, up to one more hour of cooking may be needed.
Tips from 7UP
Get creative with your carnitas toppings. Serve with caramelized onions, roasted corn, or avocado wedges to add color and flavor to the meal. Line up your toppings buffet-style, and let your friends and family create custom carnitas tacos.