7UP Cinnamon Rolls
You can't go wrong with 7UP Cinnamon Rolls. This sweet treat is a family favorite.
Wake up your family, friends, or houseguests with the best smell in the world: warm cinnamon rolls! These almost-from-scratch rolls beat store-bought any day, but don’t require you to be a baking expert. 7UP adds a fresh twist, and sour cream keeps them soft and moist. Fair warning: There will not be leftovers.
- 1/2 cup 7UP®
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2-1/2 cups Bisquick®
- 1 stick butter
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tbsp. ground cinnamon
- 1-1/3 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp. whole milk
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Ready In: 30-35 minutes
- Serving Size: 8 people
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Mix powdered sugar and milk, whisk until smooth. Set glaze aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix brown sugar and cinnamon and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, add Bisquick®, 7UP®, and sour cream. Once mixed, place dough on floured surface and roll out in a rectangle formation.
- Once rolled out, spread stick of butter (softened) on entire surface of dough. Then sprinkle brown sugar mixture evenly over dough.
- Take the widest side of dough and begin rolling in a log formation. Slice log to thickness of choice.
- Place rolls in a buttered pan. Bake rolls for 12 minutes.
- Spread glaze on warm rolls, and serve.
Tips from 7UP
Dough tip: The dough should be slightly sticky. To keep it from sticking while you’re rolling it, use a pastry mat and sprinkle lightly with flour. Icing tip: Add the icing while the rolls are still warm, and it will soak into the crevices a bit more and become thin due to the roll’s heat. If you want a slightly thicker glaze, wait until the rolls are room temperature, then add it. It won’t melt as fast or soak in, instead forming a thicker glaze on top of the rolls.