7UP Firecracker Candy Truffles
Whip up some Firecracker Candy Truffles, made with 7UP®, today. You can't go wrong with this chocolaty treat.
Served on a tray at a party or wrapped up in cute baggies as party favors or gifts, this Firecracker Candy Truffles recipe makes a whole batch of treats. Rich, chocolate truffles are coated with homemade 7UP pop rock candy. Bite into one and get the perfect combination of sweet crunch and rich, decadent creaminess.
- Confectioners’ sugar for dusting
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp. light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup 7UP®
- 1 tbsp. baking soda
- 3 tbsp. citric acid + 1 tbsp. for sprinkling
- Pink food coloring
- 1-2/3 cups heavy cream
- 1 pound chocolate (good quality 60%), chopped
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp. cayenne
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Ready In: 2 hours 15 minutes
- Serving Size: 10-12 people
- Prepare a baking sheet with parchment and dust with confectioners’ sugar.
- Place granulated sugar, corn syrup, and 7UP® in a pot, whisking to combine. Bring mixture to a boil, and cook until a temperature of 300° is achieved.
- Remove from heat, and stir in baking soda, citric acid, and food coloring of your choice.
- Pour onto prepared baking sheet, sprinkle with remaining citric acid, and set aside to cool while preparing truffles.
- To make the truffles, bring cream to a simmer in a shallow saucepan.
- Place chocolate in a shallow bowl, and pour warm cream over chocolate.
- Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Stir with a rubber spatula until chocolate mixture is smooth.
- Season with a pinch of salt, ground cinnamon, and cayenne.
- Pour into a shallow baking dish, and chill in refrigerator until firm.
- To form truffles, scoop with a small ice cream scoop or melon baller, and roll into a ball.
- Place truffles in freezer to firm up again before rolling.
- Once popper candy is cooled and hard, place in a large resealable bag and break up into pieces with a rolling pin or meat mallet.
- Roll chilled truffles into popper candy…“pop” one in your mouth and enjoy!
Tips from 7UP
Truffles should be consumed once the chocolate and candy are rolled together for the best taste and texture. But if you aren’t ready to roll them all, both the candy and the chocolate will keep separately for a few days. So dust on popper candy as needed, and keep truffles refrigerated and firm until use.