Raspberry Lime 7UP Ice Cream Float
Mix up some Raspberry Lime 7UP® Ice Cream Floats, made with 7UP®, today. Try this sweet, refreshing drink today.
When it comes to floats, you can keep it simple or you can really do it up. And what’s a more delicious way to do it up than by starting with your own homemade raspberry lime ice cream? So while this recipe takes some prep work, we think this dreamy, creamy Raspberry Lime 7UP Ice Cream Float (and the ice cream recipe itself!) is definitely worth whipping up for a decadent dessert at your next party.
- 14-oz. can sweetened condensed milk
- 1-1/2 cups half and half
- 1/2 cup 7UP®
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- 1 lime, zested
- 1 tsp. raspberry extract
- 3/4 cup whipping cream
- 1 cup 7UP®
- 1/4 cup light agave
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- 7UP®, for floating
- Crushed graham crackers
- Whipped cream, for garnish
- Fresh or dried raspberries, for garnish
- Prep Time: 15-20 minutes
- Ready In: 4 hours 20 minutes
- Serving Size: 4 people
- If using an ice cream maker, whisk together sweetened condensed milk, half and half, 7UP®, whipping cream, and frozen raspberries, pour into prepared ice cream maker, and churn according to ice cream maker directions. Place ice cream in airtight containers and freeze for another 2 hours.
- If going old school, whisk whipping cream to form stiff peaks and set aside. Whisk together sweetened condensed milk, half and half, 7UP®, lime zest, and raspberry extract. Stir in 1 cup raspberries, and fold mixture into whipped cream. Pour mixture into a baking dish (such as 9x9-inch or loaf pan). Freeze mixture for at least 4 hours, preferably overnight.
- For the raspberry syrup, combine all ingredients in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer, cook until syrupy (about 5-7 minutes), and then set aside to cool. Strain if desired.
- To assemble, dip ice cream float glasses in raspberry syrup and then into crushed graham crackers. Layer each glass with raspberry syrup, ice cream, fresh raspberries, and crushed graham crackers, garnishing with 7UP® and more accoutrements as desired!
Best served in a highball glass
Tips from 7UP
To really impress guests and for full deliciousness, assemble the Raspberry Lime 7UP Ice Cream Float as recommended, dipping the rim of the glasses in rasperry syrup, coating in crushed graham crackers, and lining the glass with some extra syrup. If you’re looking for more float-topping inspiration, try maraschino cherries or lemon-lime or raspberry-flavored gummy candies.