Slow Cooker Garlic Pork Chops
Perfectly marinated with Diet 7UP®, garlic, and spices, these pork chops are made tender in the slow cooker and then given a crisp edge in the broiler. Serve them up, and impress everyone.
Make a savory entrée with this easy slow cooker pork chop recipe. Diet 7UP is a quick and easy way to help get a marinade started, and garlic, onions, and spices add tons of flavor. Pair chops with a potato and side salad to complete the meal. It’s easy to make and perfect for those busy days.
- 4 thick-cut bone-in pork chops
- 1 onion, sliced thin
- 10-12 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 cup Diet 7UP®
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 3 hours 30 minutes
- Ready In: 3 hours 50 minutes
- Serving Size: 4 people
- Pat the pork chops dry, and rub each piece with butter.
- Season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Place the thinly sliced onions onto the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Add the garlic cloves, and place the pork chops on top of the garlic and onions.
- Pour the Diet 7UP® into the slow cooker.
- Cook on high for 3-1/2 hours.
- Remove pork chops, and place onto a sheet of foil. Broil the pork chops under high for 2-3 minutes or until the pork chops are browned.
- Serve immediately.
Tips from 7UP
Browning your meat and vegetables before slow cooking adds additional flavor. To brown, heat oil in a saucepan, then add (but don’t overcrowd) your meat and vegetables. This will lock in flavor and create an even more flavorful meal.