7UP Bundt Cake
Mix up the 7UP Bundt Cake, made with the light taste and bright bubbles of 7UP®, today.
While some dessert trends come and go, the crowd-pleasing Bundt cake will forever be invited to all the gatherings, from baby showers to barbecues and swanky dinner parties. By adding 7UP to the batter, this cake takes on an extra-light texture with just the slightest hint of citrus.
- 1-1/2 cups margarine or butter
- 3 cups sugar
- 5 eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 2 tbsp. lemon extract
- 3/4 cup 7UP®
- 3-1/4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 3 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/4 cup cold 7UP®
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Ready In: 1 hour 45 minutes
- Serving Size: 6-8 people
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Using an electric hand mixer, beat the sugar and butter until creamy.
- Add in lemon extract and mix.
- Add in eggs and mix.
- Add in flour and mix.
- Add in 7UP® and mix for 1 minute.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Mix for 1 minute at low speed.
- Pour batter into a well-greased jumbo Bundt pan.
- Bake for 1 hour, or up to 1 hour and 20 minutes.
- While the cake bakes, make glaze. Using an electric hand mixer, combine the powdered sugar, vanilla, lemon juice, and 7UP®. Beat until smooth.
- Let cake stand in the pan for about 10 minutes.
- Turn cake over onto a plate or platter, remove pan.
- Let cool, then drizzle with the glaze.
Tips from 7UP
Serve the cake with ice cream or sherbet. Top with fresh fruit, a homemade or store-bought fruit glaze, or leave off the glaze altogether, and instead lightly dust the cake with powdered sugar.