Pineapple Sheet Cake
Try this classic with a new twist. Pineapple Sheet Cake made with 7UP® is a tasty treat everyone will love.
Pineapple and 7UP take this sheet cake recipe to a new level. The real-fruit glaze and moist yellow cake make this a perfect treat for birthdays and celebrations. Serve it with vanilla bean ice cream for an incredible combination. The recipe serves 12, but hiding it away for yourself is perfectly acceptable too.
- 18-1/4 oz. box yellow cake mix
- 3-1/2 oz. box vanilla instant pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1-1/4 cups 7UP®
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 20-oz. can crushed pineapple, undrained
- 3-1/2 oz. toasted coconut
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 35-40 minutes
- Ready In: 50-55 minutes
- Serving Size: 10-12 people
- Prepare the topping: Combine sugar and flour in stainless steel saucepan. Stir in eggs, butter, and pineapple. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until thickened. Remove from heat; stir in coconut.
- For the cake: Combine cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, and oil in a mixing bowl. Beat until light and fluffy. Add 7UP®, and beat well.
- Pour into a greased 13x9x2-inch baking pan. Bake at 350° for 35 to 40 minutes or until done. Remove from oven.
- Spread pineapple topping over warm cake. Cool on a wire rack.
Tips from 7UP
Wire cooling racks prevent cakes, cookies, and pastries from overbaking. They can take your baked treats to the next level by allowing air to circulate evenly once baking ends. Best of all, they’re inexpensive.